Breast Pump Resources
Here are a few links about Breast Pumps.
- Breastfeeding (Suckling) vs Pumping: Pros and Cons (aimed towards new mothers, principles still apply)
- The Best Pumps for Every Kind of Mom (aimed towards mothers, principles still apply)
- Consumer Report's Breast Pump Buying Guide (Archive)
- Breast Pumps and Air Travel - Adult Nursing Concerns: Air Travel, Part II (Tips and Advice)
- Exclusive Pumping: Best Breast Pumps For Exclusive Pumpers
- Double Pumping is better than single pumping
- Using a TENs Unit to Induce Lactation
- Also consider eBay, Craigslist, and local garage sales for used pumps.
Frequently Asked Questions about Inducing
Where can I learn more about breast pumping?
Are there health risks from breastfeeding?
The biggest risks are side effects from excessive use of Domperidone and Mastitis (warning:NSFW). The chances of having the latter can be lessened with Lecithin and proper latch techniques. The Piercings and Lactation page (warning:NSFW) addresses this concern as well.