Breast Pump Resources
Here are a few links about Breast Pumps.
- Breastfeeding (Suckling) vs Pumping: Pros and Cons (aimed towards new mothers, principles still apply)
- The Best Pumps for Every Kind of Mom (aimed towards mothers, principles still apply)
- Consumer Report's Breast Pump Buying Guide (Archive)
- Breast Pumps and Air Travel - Adult Nursing Concerns: Air Travel, Part II (Tips and Advice)
- Exclusive Pumping: Best Breast Pumps For Exclusive Pumpers
- Double Pumping is better than single pumping
- Using a TENs Unit to Induce Lactation
- Also consider eBay, Craigslist, and local garage sales for used pumps.
- Interesting fact: some women use breast pumps for pleasure.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Inducing Lactation
Where can I learn more about breast pumping?
Are there health concerns from breastfeeding or letting someone drink my milk?
It's perfectly fine to try another person's breast milk if you know their health history. Breast milk is a body fluid and therefore it's possible to transmit pathogens. The next biggest concern is Mastitis (warning:NSFW) which can be lessened with Lecithin and a proper latch technique. The Piercings and Lactation page (warning:NSFW) addresses this concern as well.